“If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals,
Then it’s moving you away from your goals.”
The word ‘Industrial’ refers to any business or venture which involves or deals with the manufacturing of goods.
Almost all of the problems in any type of industrial plant can be addressed with the help of Vastu Shastra. It helps us create an environment favorable to the fulfilment of our desires. However, industrial vastu is a complex subject to understand. You cannot make a factory vastu compliant unless you know what you are talking about.
Industrial vastu consultants are expected to have a thorough understanding of vastu as well as the industries they are dealing with. This includes the nature of an industry, types of manufacturing processes, machinery etc. Because each kind of industry, process or machinery is controlled or governed by different elements and vastu zones.
Things You Are Going To Learn In This Article-
- Types of Industries
- Common Goals of Industries
- Common Problems of Industries
- Basic Industrial Vastu
- Things to follow while planning a new industrial setup
Types of Industries:
Each industry is classified into different categories according to the products they manufacture and services they provide. Mainly, all the industries are classified into these four categories-
- Primary Industry:
It involves getting raw material/natural products
[Examples: Mining, farming, forestry fishing etc.]
- Secondary Industry:
It is also referred as manufacturing industry.
[Examples: Automobile manufacturing, steel production etc.]
- Tertiary Industry:
Tertiary industry is just another name for service industry.
[Examples: Healthcare, telecommunication, banking etc.]
- Quaternary Industry:
It consists of research and development industries.
[Examples: Financial services, consultancy, designing etc.]
Common Goals of Industries:
Even in this difficult economic scenario, you can achieve all the goals and make an industrial plant or factory more profitable by applying vastu. Key goals of an industry are as follows-
- Maintaining Profitability
- Sustainable Growth
- New Ideas and Opportunities
- Hard Working Environment
- Maintaining the Quality of Products
- Controlling The Costs
- Boosting Efficiency
- Workplace Safety
Common Problems of Industries:
Vastu defects like irregular plot shape, main entrance in wrong vastu pada, imbalance of the five elements etc. can cause major issues which are as follows-
- Strikes and demands by labour unions
- Power outage
- Less productivity
- Sudden breakdown of machines
- Decline in sales
- Rejection in orders
- Quality complain
- Heavy debts
Basic Industrial Vastu:
There are some specific and important vastu principles for each type of industry according to their nature. These vastu principles will be discussed in separate articles.
In this article we will have a look at some common and basic vastu principles which can be applied at any kind of working place. So without any delay, let’s dive right in and learn some basic vastu principles for an industrial property:
- Main Entrance of The Office
Normally, the main entrance of the factory should be in the 3rd or 4th pada of the North or East direction. The size of the entrance gate should be large and wide. Ideally, there should be two gates in a factory- one for the entry of the workers and other for the owners and executives.
- Office Location For The Owner
SW [South-West] zone is most suitable for the construction of the factory owner’s office.
- Location For The Machinery
The machinery is one of the most important part of any factory. Heavy machinery should be kept in the South or South-West zones.
- Location For The Electrical Equipment
SE [South-East] zone is that of fire. That is why generators, boilers and all the equipment related to heat-energy should be placed in the SE zone.
- Finished Products Storage
The finished products to be processed for sales can be stored or kept in the NW [North-West] zone of the factory. It will ensure quick sales of your products.
- Location For The Washroom
Washroom or any kind of wastage can be kept in WNW [West-North-West], SSW [South-South-West] or ESE [East-South-East] zone.
- Clutter Free Space
NE [North-East] zone governs mental clarity, vision, new ideas and wisdom. Hence, it is extremely important to keep the NE zone of the factory clean and clutter free.
Things to follow while planning a new industrial setup:
- The location of the industry [surrounding area and roads]
- The shape of the land or plot [missing or extended corners]
- Slope of the land according to vastu
- Direction of the entrance according to the 32 vastu padas
- Appropriate location for the construction on the land
- Location of water bodies [Underground and overhead water tank]
- Brahmasthan of the constructed area
- Proper flow of process- materials movement
- Placement of machineries
- Vastu compliant location for the basement
- Location of the beams
- Sitting arrangement of the employees [Accountants, sales team etc.]
- Office location of the owner
- Vastu zone for the fire stations
- Finished goods storage location
- Location to keep the raw materials
- Vastu compliant colors for the industry
- Direction for the staff and labour quarters
- Display of sample products
- Placement of electrical equipment and heat related objects
- Construction of the stairs
- Kitchen/pantry direction
- Appropriate vastu zone for the security guard room
- The direction of washroom and wastage